Friday, November 7, 2008

Flashback Friday

Fall is by far my favorite season of the year; although, it doesn't seem to last long enough out here in Western Oklahoma. It seems like just when the leaves start to change colors to their brilliant reds and golds, the wind blows, and the trees turn bare.

This week's Flashback Friday takes on a fall theme. In fact, when I ran across this photo of my mom and me, I immediately turned it over to see when it was taken (again, my mom is really good about labeling photos - I on the other hand, can't even seem to take the time to print them off). Anyway, the date on the back actually reads, "Fall 1979" - I was one and my mom was, well, I had better just say she was younger than she is now...she might get a little angry if I publicly report her age for the whole world to see (you're welcome, Mom).
There is no location written on the back of the photo, but I would guess it was taken in Toccoa, Georgia - 90 miles northeast of Atlanta at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains - a beautiful place where fall seems to last forever.

3 comments:

ME said...

I love this pic. I love looking at pics of my parents when they were younger. Your mom is gorgeous! I hope Hannah loves looking at all my pics someday :)

Shawna Byrd said...

Another great Flashback Friday!

Stacey Cannon said...

I love that picture...it's so neat to be able to look back and have those treasures!