Friday, March 20, 2009

Fix-It Friday # 7

FacesFixIt

I didn’t participate last week because I was in deep dark depression…I am pretty sure the people at Adobe figured out my little secret of not closing my free 30 day trial of Photoshop CS4 after my 30 days were up, so they closed it for me. Can you believe the nerve of those people? : )

Anyway, I hate not participating in Fix-It Friday over at i heart faces, despite how much I am missing Photoshop, so I decided to try out a few of the free programs offered on the web. The following photos were edited using both Picasa and Picnik.

Before:3368076519_86b0fcdc7c_b

Afters:picnik & picassa

picnik & picassa ortonish

picnik & picassa cross process

11 comments:

Mrs. Bird said...

Good work, Melinda! The first one is really natural and I like the warmth on the second one.

Through My Own Lens said...

Great job! I use Picasa too!!!

Skeller said...

I really like your first edit :-)

Rebecca said...

first one is my fav too, but the soft glow in the second one is great too.

Unknown said...

My favorite is the first one. I just got my answer about the photoshop! I wish I had enough money to buy it for you....

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh no! Sorry about your withdrawl....that is to bad! I love the glow of the second fix!! Great job!

Shae said...

Ok, I really like the third one. It has a great look and tone.

Rebekah said...

I really love the second edit.. great job on all three!!!

Anonymous said...

Love that first one, natural looking, great job!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

My heart is hurting for you! No photoshop would be torture for me. :(

Besides, the story of how you tricked them into giving you extra time with it just completely wowed me with your ingenuity. I never, ever would have thought to do that! Hubby and I had a good chuckle over your smarts when I told him about it. :)

I still love your fix-its ~ you did a great job with the free online programs. You've made him look so cute!

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces

brionyskerjance said...

i love em all...but the first is my fave...i like how subtle it is :)