Nothing says spring and summer to me like fresh flowers. Of course mine are not yet growing and what has been growing got freezer burned with the 3 inches of snow we got at the end of last week : (
Anyway, I thought I would show you all how to make a cute and easy flower arrangement for your home, without spending mega bucks.
Supplies you will need:
- a vase – I like to use my rectangle one
- a bundle of asparagus – sounds weird; but trust me
- a rubber band that will fit snugly around your vase but still has just a little bit of give
- a cute springy ribbon that will also fit around your vase
- a bundle of fresh flowers – I like Gerber Daisies; but really anything will work
- and a pair of scissors
- Fill vase with water.
- Place rubber band around your vase.
- Slide asparagus one at a time between the vase and the rubber band. If you think the asparagus might be a little too tall, trim off the bottoms.
- Go all the way around your vase with the asparagus.
- Tie your ribbon around the vase to hide the rubber band.
- Then take your fresh bundle of flowers and tear off any leaves that it might have.
- Then place your flowers in the vase and voila – you have a cute springy flower arrangement!