Even though I am working towards losing weight it doesn’t mean that you all are. Therefore, you should not have to suffer as I am by not partaking of oh-so-sinful treats.
The following recipe is seriously THE BEST banana pudding EVER and the even better news…it’s a no bake recipe. (Wahoo for no bake!!!)
So, go forth and make said banana pudding. Enjoy it to the fullest and then come back here and tell me all about it so that I can live vicariously through you and your pallet.
Not-So-Low Cal Banana Pudding
- 6 or so bananas (sliced)
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 5 oz. package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (cold)
- 3/4 of a 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip (I like a lot, so I buy the bigger container)
- a box of Vanilla wafers
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Next, beat in to the cream cheese, the instant pudding mix, vanilla, heavy whipping cream, milk and sweetened condensed milk until thick and smooth (and delicious) and then (as if that isn’t sinful enough) fold in 4-6 oz. of cool whip.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with vanilla wafers.
- Place A LOT of banana slices on top of that.
- Next smooth your pudding mixture over the top of the bananas.
- Then take some more vanilla wafers and line the sides of your dish, pressing them down into your layers.
- Add another layer of bananas (a little less this time around) to the top of your pudding mixture.
- Last, but most certainly not least, top the whole thing off with some more cool whip…Mmmmmm cool whip.
- Of course to add a little more zing to the presentation (not to mention the taste), you can always crumble some more wafers and sprinkle them on top.
- Place in refrigerator to chill and then dig in…and as you enjoy every scrumptious little bite, please think of me and my growling tummy.