So Easter is just right around the corner. But instead of giving you a recipe to make for your Sunday afternoon lunch, I thought I would give you a recipe to use with all of those leftovers…that is, if you eat ham on Easter and if you actually have leftovers.
The following recipe is easy and seriously the best sandwich ever. You can use this recipe at Thanksgiving and Christmas too with both ham and turkey and it is equally as delicious.
- Red pepper jelly
- Cream cheese – either the whipped or the regular stuff, just make sure the regular stuff is at room temp.
- Pepper Jack Cheese slices
- Pineapple slices – completely optional because it tastes just as good without it
- 2 eggs
- Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Gently beat the two eggs in a shallow dish.
- Add a couple of dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce to the eggs (remember a lot goes a long way) and then stir it until well mixed. Set aside.
- Next, it’s time to start building your sandwich. Take two pieces of bread.
- On one slice of bread, spread the cream cheese.
- On the other slice spread the pepper jelly.
- Next add the Pepper Jack Cheese.
- Then add the ham.
- Then top it off with a pineapple (again, this part is optional because it really does taste just as good without it).
- Now that your sandwich is built, preheat your flat skillet over medium high heat.
- Grab your egg/hot sauce mixture and like you would do with French Toast, dip your sandwich coating both sides.
- Place your sandwich on skillet and cook on both sides until lightly browned. And there you have it. A very yummy sandwich made from your Easter leftovers. I made this at my parents house omitting the pineapple and adding turkey along with the ham at Christmas and they all begged for it again the next day. It really is that good.