Friday, August 21, 2009

Flashback Friday

August theme:  “Water, Water Everywhere” - post photos of lake, pool, sprinkler, ocean (you get the point) fun.

Yes, I’m still here. I have just been overwhelmed with this first full week of school, editing photos, and just really trying to establish a routine that works well for me and the rest of my family.

But you know I can’t miss a Flashback Friday – so, here are yet some more pics of my childhood and the time we spent in West Palm Beach, Florida. These were taken in May of 1980 when I was a little over a year-and-a-half old.

Me Dad Singer Island 1980 2Me with my dad at the beach. W00-woo look at those legs (my dad’s not mine)!!Me Mom Singer Island 1980 Me with my mom. (I am loving my weird-o swimming device!)

Me Singer Island 1980 And me at the pool…Since my granddad’s place didn’t have a pool, one of the hotels graciously let us use theirs. If I remember correctly, the staff of the hotel knew us by name because we were there so much.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Love all these pics with you and your parents. Your mom is so pretty.

Claire said...

So fun! I love your swimming device, too. I'd like to see you in action with that thing. For some reason, I imagine you just floating face down. I hope not.

I have got to get better with Flashback Friday. I love looking at them, but I can't seem to get it together to post one. Maybe next week.....

Unknown said...

Every time I see your family pictures I just smile. So beautiful : ) I love your wacky little water floatation device too. You were probably ahead of your time : )

Unknown said...

I wonder how that floatation device worked??
Your pictures and stories are always so much fun :)

ThatsBaloney said...

That is a funky floatation device you've got on!
Makes me wish we'd gone to the beach this summer.