Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A lesson in patience and then some

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. - Colossians 3:12

Ten minutes before we were to leave for Sunday evening worship, I was getting Jack dressed while Beau ventured into our bathroom and proceeded to eat dog food, play in an unflushed toilet (Jack hasn't gotten the flushing thing down yet), and ruin an entire roll of toilet paper. While I cleaned that lovely mess up, Jack, unable to pull the pants down that I had just put on him, wet his pants. I tried to calm him down all the while cleaning his mess and changing his clothes (again). What I was unaware of was the fact that Beau had just thrown up all over himself - probably because of all of the dog food he had just consumed. As I am changing Beau's clothes for the second time, in walks my wonderful husband who says "Hey, what's wrong with you?"

What can you do but bite your tongue, roll your eyes, take a deep breath, and pray God gives you the patience to make it through the next few minutes and the kindness and gentleness to not kill your husband and two kids?

No comments: