Thursday, October 30, 2008

Paying it forward

My dad sent me this video and I wanted to share it with all of you as well. The missionary couple attended the college where my dad now serves as President; however, that is not my reason in posting this.

Even though I try to steer clear of politics on this blog (I feel that's a subject that divides rather than unites), I want you to watch this video and question yourself as to what kind of morals and convictions you want our future leaders to have. I believe that if they could all be so selfless and Christ-like as the people in this video, what a much better world in which we would live.

Please watch it in its entirety (all seven and a half minutes). I promise you won't be sorry you did. It is truly an amazing and almost unbelievable story - a story that should no doubt inspire.

3 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

Ohhh wow. That is incredible. We truly never know how much we can impact someone's life. Wow...thanks for sharing that...

And it's very admirable that you try to steer clear of politics for the reason you gave; I have been debating posting my thoughts on all of this mess since it's been so heavy on my mind, but perhaps I should adopt your philosophy on the matter... :) We'll see...

Shawna Byrd said...

So glad you posted this. I hope everyone that comes across your blog takes the time to watch this entire post. It sure makes you think about how we treat others.
THANKS!

Melinda said...

I am so glad you girls took the time to watch it! Isn't it inspiring, to say the least?

Stacy - each one of us has our own convictions where politics is concerned. I often struggle with whether or not my "keeping quiet" on such things is really the best approach. Maybe I should be more vocal...I don't know the answer. But if you feel it in your heart to share, please do. Please don't let my "cloudy" convictions on this issue deter you from yours. : )