Monday, December 29, 2008

Back tracking

Friday, December 19th is when we celebrated our Christmas. It is tradition for us to take a picture on the stairs before heading into the living room to see what goodies Santa might have left under the tree. Obviously, Jack was very excited.

Photobucket

And from the looks of things, rightly-so. Santa must have been extremely impressed with my boys' behavior this year - that or he fell for Jack's shirt that read "Dear Santa, I was framed".

Photobucket

Either way, both boys were in awe of all of their many, many new toys (spoiled brats).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jack received a new pet (which honestly freaks me out a little).

Photobucket

Meet Dino/Spike - the name changes daily...poor dinosaur is already suffering from an identity crisis.

Photobucket

Not to mention constant babying (yes, that is Dino/Spike getting a ride in a grocery cart),

Photobucket

and the terrorizing of two young boys.

Photobucket

Beau on the other hand,

Photobucket

among many things, received a fire truck - which he likes;

Photobucket

but is just as content in playing with Jack's toys.

Photobucket

Wish I'd known that earlier...I could have saved a lot of money.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

They were having so much fun. I love the pictures. And, I'm coveting your stockings! Those are adorable!

Dawn said...

The word verification for that comment was hory bich!?!! LOL! Is it pyschic?!? LOL

Melinda said...

Holy cow, I can't believe they would give you such a word verification. I have that on here to keep away the spam stuff, but good grief...now maybe I will have to rethink that : )

Anyway, thanks for the comment on the stockings. I made them myself back when Josh and I were first married. I just couldn't find anything I really liked so I taught myself to sew and those were the result. Looking at them now, I could definitely see ways of improving upon them but oh well.

Unknown said...

Lillian just wanted to play with Lucas's toys. If we would have known, we would have only bought baby toys!

Amber said...

Looks like they had a great Christmas!! I love their PJ's!

The McDowells said...

Looks like the boys had a good Christmas! I am not sure why, but your pictures all look like they are chopped in half on my computer lately.

Melinda said...

I wondered about the pics. On my computer they are fine but I have a wide screen. Thanks for letting me know, I will see what I can do.

The McDowells said...

Hmm.. On this computer it still looks like half pictures, I even zoomed out on my browser and they still look the same. I got on our other laptop and at first they were half-sized again, (The browser wasn't full screen), but then I opened it all the way and they were fine. So it must be something with my computer. That is weird becuase it has just been like this lately and I haven't seen it like that on anyone else's blog.

Shawna Byrd said...

Love the pics. The boys are so cute in their matching pajamas. At least Dino/Spike doesn't tinkle on the floor or chew your shoes. The boys seem to love him, and he looks like a neat toy!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!!! I love this age when they start to really understand the excitement and mystery. The look on Jack's face in the stair photo is priceless. My 4 year old had the exact same look this year.

Jessica
www.MomShots.com

Daniele said...

Great pictures, they sure look like they had a lot of fun.