You can thank me later for getting that cheer stuck in your head but for now I have another blog award to hand out courtesy of one of my new bloggie friends, Lolli over at Life is Sweet. Talk about Super Moms...Lolli is the mother of FIVE! Yes, FIVE! And she still manages to cook, clean, organize, take photos...you name it she does it, and does it well!
She sent me this 2009 New Year's Spirit Award on Monday and it couldn't have come at a better time. That is about the same time I was feeling all sorts of down about my parental skills, or rather lack-there-of, while being sick. The award and her sentiments were a huge pick-me-up and greatly appreciated.
So, here are the rules for this award:
1. You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.
2. List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.
3. Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the New Year cheer going.
4. Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.
The reasons I love a New Year:
- It is Josh's and my anniversary of when we first started dating. Therefore a New Year signifies another year that has gone by that I got to spend in love with my hubby.
- A New Year = new beginnings, new hopes, new dreams "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 13b-14
- Thus far, I have been pretty generic. As for why I am excited about 2009 specifically: another year of house renovations; which means another year closer to being done!
- Jack will start school in the fall which is sad, yes, but it also means I will get to watch him participate in school programs, make new friends, learn new things...no doubt it will be an experience for us all!
- Beau will start really talking this year! I can't wait to hear what all he has to say...I think : )
- Vanessa at the Baby Bryant Blog - she is almost a first time mommy so she has plenty to be excited about in this coming year!
- Amanda at The Brandon Family - her hubby is deployed and she has been raising their little boy all by herself. She is one super amazing woman!
- and last but not least, Jessica at MomShots - this lady gives some of the most helpful tips when it comes to taking photos. I love being able to watch her grow as a photographer and I love being able to learn from her successes and mistakes.
- Oh, what the heck, I'll add one more: my sister Beth at Beth and Drew (even though I know she won't pass this on to anyone) - her "boyfriend" will be returning home this year from Baghdad and I know she will have A LOT to be excited about as well. Love ya, Beef!