Friday, December 12, 2008

Excuse me while I play catch-up

Without my computer this past week, I have fallen very far behind with my blogging. So please excuse me while I make quite a few posts over the next couple of days.

Last week, Jack and I decided to work on his cutting skills again. This time I opted for something a little bit simpler. So thanks to a post from Amber, we set to work making a Christmas chain.

Photobucket

Since we are leaving town this Christmas, we didn't make them to correspond with the number of days until Christmas as Amber suggested. But instead we made them to decorate a tree that is to go in the boy's playroom. Although Jack's attention span lasted all of three or four links, he enjoyed making them and loved showing them off to everyone who cared to look.

Photobucket

Thanks Amber, for the great idea. Next year we will definitely make one to countdown until Christmas!

3 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

I can't wait to see the playroom tree! I have decided next year I am going to do one all Americana theme and that will go in our entry way (fitting for being on base!!), and then a more traditional kind of one for the LR.

Melinda said...

Don't look too forward to the playroom tree...I have YET to put it up. It may not get done this year. Sad, I know but I am stressing out about leaving for NY in a week. So much to do, so very, very little time. : (

Claire said...

I'm glad you had fun making the chains! It is a good scissor activity-I hadn't even thought of that. We are enjoying taking down the scriptures a lot. You'll like doing that next year.